Date(s) - 09/23/2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Helen Vantine, PhD
Wanda Faurie, PhD
Download Event iCal
Once you register, a link to the class will be emailed to you.
Mindful self-compassion is an six-week program developed by Chris Germer and Kristin Neff of the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion. Research shows that combining mindfulness with self-compassion can enhance your well-being through self-kindness, a sense of common humanity, and mindful awareness.
By cultivating self-compassion you will learn how to
- give yourself the same kindness and care you would give to a good friend
- motivate yourself with encouragement rather than self-criticism
- respond to feelings of failure or inadequacy with self-kindness
- improve difficult relationships through self-validation
- incorporate mindfulness and self-compassion exercises into your daily life
- teach simple self-compassion practices to children, patients, students, or clients
This course is for anyone interested in mindfulness and self-compassion as well as professionals who wish to integrate self-compassion into their work. The program includes meditation, short talks, experiential exercises, group discussions, and at-home practices. No previous meditation experience is required, although willingness to practice daily meditation is a key component of realizing the benefits of the course. This is a small course with limited enrollment.
Mindful Self-Compassion at Atlanta Mindfulness Institute is taught by Helen Vantine, Ph.D. and Wanda Faurie, Ph.D. Both Helen and Wanda have studied Mindful Self-Compassion under Kristin Neff and Chris Germer, the originators of the course and the founders of the Center for Mindful Self Compassion. In addition, Helen and Wanda have trained with Steve Hickman, PsyD, the director of professional training for the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion. Helen is also a certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction instructor.
Course includes six sessions. No previous meditation experience required.
For more information about the course and upcoming dates, please visit the full course page.