Date(s) - 02/05/2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Stephanie Swann, PhD
Download Event iCal
Atlanta Mindfulness Counseling & Consulting
675 Seminole Ave, Suite 103, Atlanta
Beyond Mindfulness: Discovering the Noble Eightfold Path
This advanced course will support your efforts to wake up to the life that is here. Through living ethically, deepening meditation, and developing an understanding of the nature of human experience, you can bring more joy and less suffering to your life. Discover how each factor in the path supports the other factors when practiced individually and collectively in your daily life.This class takes you to the roots of mindfulness, Secular Buddhist psychology, and contemporary neuroscience to create a defined path of study to support your lifelong meditation practice and skillful way of living.
What to Expect
- Study the four noble truths and the science behind “the happy brain.”
- Deepen your understanding of mindfulness as the tool that helps you become more present-focused and calm the autonomic nervous system.
- Explore the transformative power of intention in daily life and meditation practice.
- Examine the role of morality in living with yourself and others.
- Deepen your awareness of speech and how what you say really REALLY matters.
- Examine how a concentrated mind coupled with healthful effort leads to more peace and more satisfying relationships.
- Deepen your awareness of life as the ultimate teacher from birth to death.
Class will include a combination of study, meditation, discussion, and journaling. As home practice, participants will engage in 45 minutes of meditation each day, along with weekly reading from two texts.
If you have taken our MBSR or Mindfulness & Psychotherapy course, please join us for this new exciting course. Beyond Mindfulness will deepen your understanding of mindfulness and its influence on your daily life. If you have a dedicated mindfulness practice but have not taken either of these, please contact us to be considered for this course.
Optional Books to Purchase
– Gunaratana, B. Eight Mindful steps to happiness. 2015.
Cost: $800 or pay what you can
We welcome everyone. We appreciate very much if you can pay the suggested amount. And, we honor all payments of any amount that reflects your means.
This course is in session. For more information about the course and upcoming dates, please visit the full course page.