Mindfulness and CEUs for Health Care Professionals
Deepen your mindfulness practice to provide better care for your patients. When you are mindful, you are more present in your work, more compassionate with patients, and more open and aware. Mindfulness may help you stay calm in the face of difficulty and gain clarity for assessment and intervention. AMI offers programs designed especially for health care professionals—so you can strengthen your personal practice and use mindfulness to improve patient well-being. You may be eligible for continuing education credits upon course completion.
Atlanta Mindfulness Institute also offers supervision and consultation for mental health professionals.
Mindfulness & Psychotherapy**
Learn the practice and application of mindfulness for psychotherapists and other health care providers in this eight-week program sponsored by the Atlanta Mindfulness Institute and the Anxiety & Stress Management Institute.
Registration Fee: $650
Aug 18-Oct 13. (Aug 25 will be skipped.)
The first and last classes are from 10:00am-1:00pm. The other six classes are from 10:00am-12:30pm.
Retreat 10:00am-4:00pm on Sunday Oct 1.
Course: Atlanta Center for Wellness,
6100 Lake Forrest Drive, Suite 450, Atlanta, GA 30328
Retreat: Hard Labor Creek State Park, 5 Hard Labor Creek Rd.,
Rutledge, GA 30663
Helen Vantine, PhD
**The following professionals are eligible for 20 continuing education credits (CEUs):
Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
Licensed Marriage & Family Counselors (LMFC) Licensed Social Workers (LCSW & LMSW)
This unique program for psychotherapists and other health care professionals is based on Jon Kabat-Zinn’s eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course. This course gives you the opportunity to experience personal transformation, take a fresh approach to health care, and gain an effective tool for life-long learning. You’ll understand how mindfulness enhances all therapeutic and health care models because it improves your ability to be present with acceptance.
The class focuses on mindfulness meditation, mindful movement, and everyday mindfulness. No previous meditation experience is required, but willingness to practice daily meditation is a key component of realizing the benefits of the course.
- Understand the benefits of mindfulness for health care providers and their patients.
- Establish a personal mindfulness meditation practice.
- Enhance the ability to be mindfully present during everyday activities.
Increase presence, non-reactivity, and compassion.
- Learn additional meditation practices that increase positive mind states and personal well-being.
- Become familiar with the neurobiology of stress and mindfulness.
- Be introduced to research-based applications of mindfulness as interventions for mental and physical health problems.
You are eligible for a full refund minus a $50.00 service fee until 14 days prior to the course start. If cancellation occurs within less than 14 days you are entitled to a 50% refund. Once the class begins there is no refund.
* We offer six low-cost slots ($350.00 each) for currently enrolled graduate students who are in financial need. Please email us to inquire about this option. You must receive approval to register for the course at the discounted rate.
** Attendance: Because this course offers CEUs, if you anticipate missing a class it is important that you contact the instructors prior to enrolling.